Beasts - The 2nd Beast of Daniel's Prophecy - The Bear
Est. date written:
Est. date fulfilled:
- The 2nd beast was one of the four beasts to come up out of the sea (Dan 7:3), bottomless pit, or abyss (Rev 17:8)
- These four beasts are kings (Dan 7:17) or kingdoms (Dan 7:23), diverse one from another (Dan 7:3).
- The waters are "peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues" (Rev 17:15)
- The bear raised up itself on one side, and had three ribs in his mouth, between it's teeth. (Dan 7:5)
- The ribs tell the beast to "Arise, devour much flesh". (Dan 7:5)
- At the opening of the 2nd Seal, the "second beast" said "Come and See" as the rider on the red horse is given the power to take peace from the earth. (Rev 6:3-4) Is this the same beast?
Most Bible scholars agree the bear is the modern national symbol for Russia. Russia was reborn in 1991, with the removal of the Berlin wall. [Source]🕊️
One theory is that the three ribs symbolize the Yalta Conference of 1945, when Joseph Stalin (Czar of Russia), met with Winston Churchill (Prime Minister of Britain), and Franklin D. Roosevelt (President of the United States). That day, Roosevelt's assistant, Alger Hiss, drafted the charter for the United Nations. Hiss would later be convicted of being a Communist Russian spy, an agent for Stalin. Russian had recently gained control of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Albania and East Germany, and with the formation of the U.N., essentially devoured the whole world - although this prophecy may not be fully fulfilled yet. [Source]🕊️
In the eastern parts of the continent, the Russian Tsardom, and ultimately the Empire (1547–1917), declared Moscow to be Third Rome and inheritor of the Eastern tradition after the fall of Constantinople in 1453. [Source] 🕊️